Saturday, July 19, 2014

10th Arrondissement



Watching the World Cup while being in Europe has been quite the experience. Going to bars and watching the games has been extremely fun. The mix of people Europe brings from different countries makes the games much more exciting. My friends and I like to venture to our favorite bar in the 10th arrondissement. Bulushie’s bar brings a mix of people and a great time for everyone. Along with Bulushies, the district contains many major train stations such as Gare du Nord and Gare du l’Est.







Graffiti by the Canal Saint Martin that I thought was interesting. 


Close to the Gare du l’Est lays a cute little park I happened to stumble upon. In the park is a little garden filled with cute little flowers and benches. I felt like a true Parisian sitting and hanging out in this peaceful area. I could hear all the bees buzzing around and could smell the beautiful flowers in the garden. It is one of the many pleasures I will miss about Paris. I love the gardens and the parks so much and I will always remember them.


Most interesting site: Jardin Villem

Tourist Attraction: Canal Saint Martin
Also close to Gare du l’Est is the Canal de Saint Martin. It is a man made canal that travels through the tenth arrondissement. I think it is a nice addition to the city and gives it character. There are few canals in Paris, which makes this one of the few. I believe this to be a prominent tourist attraction because of everyone that was at the canal. Many people were sitting next to the canal enjoying their lunch with the great atmosphere it provided. People had also placed locks on the fencing of the bridge much alike to that of the Pont des Arts Bridge on the Seine River. A walk next to this canal is also very pleasant and a fun activity for Parisians. 



Prominent Architecture: Gare du Nord
A major train station in Paris. 

A room here can run for around 120 Euros a night. 


Commercial Business: Les Bistrot des Oies



Population
Total population: 95,911
Born in Metropolitan France: 70.4%
Non – EU immigrants: 19.8%

Grocery Items
Dozen eggs: 3,28 Euros
Liter of milk: 1,13 Euros

Meat: 29,95 per/kg