Saturday, July 19, 2014

4th Arrondissement





Yet another district that leads to another adventure in Paris. I learn something new everyday by venturing out into the city and the fourth arrondissement was a learning experience all on its own. I went out with my friends to tackle the district and find out what it holds. Walking next to the Seine is always fun especially when you are looking at amazing buildings such as the Notre Dame. There is fun little shops that line the river and are enjoyable to peruse as you pass by. I found some little gifts for my friends and family that were authentic Parisian tickets that would please them.

The Notre Dame is one of the most famous sites in Paris and when I went there it was filled with tourists. It was an amazing cathedral that was yet another great example of the Gothic style that Paris churches are usually in. The Notre Dame can be seen from the river and I saw it when I first came on a boat tour. The boat tour was a great way to see Paris without having to walk everywhere and do some major site seeing. It is a different way to see things and hang out on the Seine. This is a very interesting district and was very please with the experiences I’ve had in it.


Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris Prominent Architecture
It is one of the most important buildings to Paris.
 

 In this district there are many tourists because within it lays the famous Notre Dame, the Saint Chappelle and the Pompidou Museum. I found all of these sites to be fascinating.  The Pompidou is a modern art Museum with famous pieces that are very interesting to look at. Most everything in the museum is abstract and I found it confusing sometimes. Most of the art was made out of household items and neon lights. It was very different than any museum I have visited before but still found the art to be intriguing.


Tourist Attraction: The Pompidou Museum 



Hotel de Ville: Most Interesting Site
I thought this was the most interesting because of how the building is perfectly designed. 












Commercial Business : Paradisiaque floral shop





A room in this hotel runs 173 Euros a night. 




Population
Total population: 28,192
Born in Metropolitan France: 78.1%
Non – EU immigrants: 10.8%

Grocery Items
Dozen eggs: 2,68 Euros
Liter of milk: 1,74 Euros

Meat (Entrecote): 25,15 per/kg





Population Data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_arrondissement_of_Paris