Tuesday, July 22, 2014

2nd Arrondissement


Paris has many great areas to explore and that are sometimes hidden so one has to look deeper in order to find them. Since I’ve been in Paris for eight weeks it has given me more time to explore places I normally wouldn’t be able to see on a one-week vacation. On a side note, I couldn’t be more thankful for all the time I’ve been able to spend here and explore this amazing city. As I’ve wandered down streets and past beautiful buildings I’ve noticed these little passageways. These passageways are tightly fixed in between buildings and contain little shops. These little passages were made for venders to be able to sell in the markets back in the early times. Currently they are filled with little shops and boutiques. I found these little passages to be very interesting as I was wandering through the 2nd arrondissement and continued to find them throughout the city. They are hidden between the buildings and are very easy to miss because they are small. They are worth going in and checking out because they have been made by creative designs. When I walked through the Passage Choiseul I found many antique shops and it was mostly composed of local Parisians perusing the shops. The Parisians know of the intriguing, yet sublet passageways and is why you will not find many tourists wandering them. I loved exploring the hidden passageways around Paris and had no idea that they existed. The can be found in other arrondissements across the city as well. The second district had a lot to offer but I found this to be the most interesting feature of it. Other than the unpopulated passageways the district itself is very busy and full of people. I liked it so much because it brought out my inner explorer in me.




Tourist Attraction: Comedie Français 

Commercial business: Café Dalayrac


Interesting Feature: Passage Choiseul 


Prominent Architecture: Le Centorial





A room at Hotel Baby can run around 80 Euros a night. 




Population
Total population: 22,400
Born in Metropolitan France: 71.4%
Non – EU immigrants: 17.9%

Grocery Items
Dozen eggs: 3.15 Euros
Liter of milk: 1.27 Euros

Meat (Entrecote): 30.25 per/kg



Population Data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_arrondissement_of_Paris